The old weather site that has been provided for many years by Hastings Yacht Club at the address http://hastingsweather.com.au has now been replaced with a brand new site designed and implemented by WeatherSoft. The new site went live at 2pm on Monday 10 July 2017.
Whilst the old site was:
- Serviced by data from an old, out-of-support copy of the “Weather Display” software
- Not viewable on mobile devices
- Difficult for Hastings Yacht Club to update sponsor messages
The new site is:
- Underpinned by a new software architecture utilising the popular, free “Cumulus” weather software
- Responsive, meaning it adapts to the screen size of the viewing device
- Mobile-friendly, viewable on iPhones, Androids, etc.
- Serving up sponsor banners via the free “Revive AdServer” software that can easily be administered by Yacht Club personnel
- Maintained under source control and deployed using modern Continuous Delivery practices
- Fully documented and supported
The site provides weather and marine information (including tides and marine traffic) to the boating and outdoor community of Hastings. It also includes webcams showing the public boat ramp, slipway and adjoining carpark.
WeatherSoft is proud to have delivered this important asset to the Hastings Yacht Club and the Westernport boating community. Take a look, and please support the sponsors of the site.